Thursday, April 11, 2013

Beauty's View; An Interview With model Lina Sav

Hello all today I have a feature comletely new to A Class of Sass and I am very excited about it! Beauty's View will be an on going feature where I interview people within the beauty industry on their views on beauty, style, and life in general. My first feature is the Gorgeous Model Lina Sav who was kind enough to grant me this interview. I hope you all enjoy this blog post as well as the addition to this element of A Class of Sass.


For those not already familiar with Lina, she started modeling very young when her mother signed her up with a modeling agency in Russia, where she is originally from. As a child she was on many kids shows as well as other television programs. While Lina was in school she didnt have much time for modeling, but when she turned 17 she started traveling. Her first trip was to Europe(Brussels) and then she went on to move to Los Angeles. It was there that Lina transitioned into more on camera work. Currently she is on contract in Asia doing more print work than anything else.
 
 
 
 
 
 
A.C.O.S-What has been your most memorable modeling job thus far?
LINA-"Honestly, I dont think there is one job that stands out from the rest. All the shoots are pretty much different and unique, especially editorials. The makeup and colors they use are pretty intense. Sometimes I end up looking like a rainbow palette."
 
A.C.O.S- What are some valuable makeup tips that you have learned from makeup artists along the way?
LINA-"I learned that less is more. I dont even want to do my makeup unless I have a casting to attend. I also learned the importance of taking your makeup off and washing your face before bed. Using makeup wipes is not enough. Washing , using toner, then applying night cream is crucial."
 
A.C.O.S- Does modeling take a toll on your hair, and what do you do to keep it healthy ?
LINA- "Yes! my hair is destroyed from the constant hair curling,straightening,teasing, and hair spraying. (sometimes repeated multiple times during the same shoot) How do I keep it healthy? Its Practically impossible. I constantly have to trim my ends. I do tend to spend a little more money on my hair products, and take B complex vitamins. On the days I dont have a shoot, I dont touch my hair. I wash it and let it air dry.
 
A.C.O.S.- Do you work out regularly and if so what is your routine like?
LINA- "I dont work out as much as I should. Running is the best thing you can do to shed fat though. I believe a good diet is more important than sweating at the gym. When I need to lose a few pounds I cut out sugar. I eat very clean for the most part. I never eat fast food and try to cook at home as much as possible."
 

 A.C.O.S.-What are some of your favorite trends/styles right now?
LINA- " I love Victoria Beckham, she is my style icon. I love suits, blouses,pencil skirts. Anything elegant, I think it can be worn on any occasion."

A.C.O.S- What inspires your style?
LINA-"I dont think I have anything that inspires my style other than my mood that day. I always wear heels! If i'm feeling lazy that day I'll just wear a plain dress and heels. If I have extra time I will put a cute outfit together(lately though that rarely happens)"

A.C.O.S.- What hair/makeup products do you consider essentials?
LINA- "Hair products...probably morroccan oil, its great for restoring your hair and keeping it shiny and silky. Makeup is my Dior Show mascara, even if I don't do my makeup, I throw on a little BB cream and a good mascara is a must. That will make you appear tidy!

A.C.O.S.- What does beauty mean to you?
LINA- "Beauty is Confidence! You can wear a tank top and still look fabulous as long as you are confident with yourself as a human being."

Lina Sav
Thanks again to Lina for the great interview! Until next time here at a A class of Sass...
*check out and like A Class of Sass's facebook
*instagram @aclassofsass 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment , I love hearing from you guys!